Friday, April 13, 2007

Opinions Needed

Before I go into what I need suggestions for, I have to say this - we found out yesterday the baby our son and daughter in law are expecting is a girl. We are so excited.

Now, on to the dilemma I need suggestions for. Here is a little background - we have a widow next door to us, and next to her is a Mormon couple. We've lived here a little over three years, the others moved in after that. What relevance that has to all of this I don't know, but I thought I would throw that in just in case.

I met the Mormon wife about a year and a half ago when she was sitting outside talking to the widow. As we were talking, before I knew she was a Mormon, she kept talking about the Lord. I've learned since then that not everyone who talks about the Lord, is talking about THE Lord, the one true God. It finally came out that she was a Mormon, and she invited the widow to her church. When the widow said she would visit one day, I had to speak up and say that this lady did not believe as we did, which threw the Mormon for a loop. Because I couldn't remember exactly what Mormons believe, I came home to get an apologetics notebook that I have, and took it back with me. We did talk a little bit more after that, until her husband came home and she left.

The Mormon couple pretty much keep to themselves, and so I never see her. This morning I was talking to the widow, and she told me this couple have a baby now. I'm not sure when she had the baby, but it's been several weeks I believe. I had suspected that they might have had a baby because of certain things I had noticed. The widow told me this lady has come to her house a few times, and one of those times she had asked for eggs. The widow is a diabetic, and doesn't feel well much of the time. The widow was wondering if perhaps this couple didn't have enough food, nor the money to buy it. She thinks this lady might be lonely because of things she has said. She wanted to come inside the widow's house, but she wasn't feeling well, so she didn't invite her in.

I home school, and so I am home all day. Ladies, or gentlemen if any read my blog, if this was someone in your neighborhood, what would you do?

I believe this is an answer to prayer, and now that He has placed a lost, needy person in my neighborhood, I'm at a loss as to how to go about this. I'm also not so sure that I am equipped for ministering to a Mormon. Another concern that I have is that if I befriend her, and witness to her, that she might come over on a daily basis.

So guys, I would welcome any suggestions you have for me.