Friday, April 27, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!























Fourteen years ago today,
God blessed us with a daughter that day,
With pretty brown hair, and chubby cheeks,
She grew too quickly with the coming weeks.

She learned to walk at ten months old,
and loved it when the days were cold.
And then one day she prayed for snow,
The Lord answered as we well know.

Music is her life these days,
Hawk Nelson is her favorite group.
Someday she wants an electric guitar,
For that, she will have to pray hard, hard, hard.

As a newborn, she and I would get up during the night for her feedings, and we'd listen to Michael Card's, Sleep Sound in Jesus CD. I listened to it so much that I wore it out, and no longer have it. Listening to the clips, even today, still make me cry.

We have been blessed to be Heather's parents these past fourteen years. I don't know where the years have gone. When she was a baby, and as a toddler, people would tell me to enjoy it because she would be grown before I knew it. They were right. Although she isn't grown yet, these fourteen years have seemed only a day since they've gone by so fast.

Happy Birthday our sweet Heather, we love you, and are proud of you.

May the Lord bless your special day, and may it be a happy one.