Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year! The past two days I've been reflecting on the past year, and how the Lord has brought me safely through it. My meditations did include the blessings He bestowed upon our family as a whole, but I wanted to focus here on His mercy and grace towards me.

The past several years have been pretty rough ones for me in many ways, but I see the goodness of the Lord in them too. It is only through His mercy that I am here today. The biggest thing I learned this year was this: "it's not about you, it's about Him," said to me by a very dear online from of mine. Mrs. Cheese knows who she is.

I want to thank Mrs. Cheese because those words were a life saver to me. During those times that I became discouraged, ore even despondent, and I hate to admit this but there were many days I felt like that, and they still come, her words came back to me, and do come back to me, sometimes to haunt me lol. There were times I didn't want to hear that little voice, and wanted it to go away, lol. But, I am so glad she said them to me because they have never failed to bring me hope, and back to my senses.

The trials the Lord has brought into my life, and continues to bring, are not fun, they hurt. But every day I see more and more how the Lord is taking the crutches, ie the idols I had, and still have, in my life, away so that I am left with the ONLY thing that really matters in this life, and that is HIM. Sometimes I don't think I can be crushed anymore, and then boom - there it is again. Through it all, the Lord has proven Himself to be so faithful, full of grace and mercy.

I want to leave you with two things. First, a reminder that it's not about us, it's about HIM, and HIS glory.

Finally, I want to leave you with this to ponder today, and this passage is 1st Chronicles 16:8-37:

1Ch 16:8 Oh give thanks to the LORD; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!

1Ch 16:9 Sing to him; sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!

1Ch 16:10 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice!

1Ch 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!

1Ch 16:12 Remember the wondrous works that he has done, his miracles and the judgments he uttered,

1Ch 16:13 O offspring of Israel his servant, sons of Jacob, his chosen ones!

1Ch 16:14 He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth.

1Ch 16:15 Remember his covenant forever, the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations,

1Ch 16:16 the covenant that he made with Abraham, his sworn promise to Isaac,

1Ch 16:17 which he confirmed as a statute to Jacob, as an everlasting covenant to Israel,

1Ch 16:18 saying, "To you I will give the land of Canaan, as your portion for an inheritance."

1Ch 16:19 When you were few in number, and of little account, and sojourners in it,

1Ch 16:20 wandering from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another people,

1Ch 16:21 he allowed no one to oppress them; he rebuked kings on their account,

1Ch 16:22 saying, "Touch not my anointed ones, do my prophets no harm!"

1Ch 16:23 Sing to the LORD, all the earth! Tell of his salvation from day to day.

1Ch 16:24 Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!

1Ch 16:25 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and he is to be held in awe above all gods.

1Ch 16:26 For all the gods of the peoples are idols, but the LORD made the heavens.

1Ch 16:27 Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his place.

1Ch 16:28 Ascribe to the LORD, O clans of the peoples, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength!
1Ch 16:29 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him! Worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness;

1Ch 16:30 tremble before him, all the earth; yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.

1Ch 16:31 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice, and let them say among the nations, "The LORD reigns!"

1Ch 16:32 Let the sea roar, and all that fills it; let the field exult, and everything in it!

1Ch 16:33 Then shall the trees of the forest sing for joy before the LORD, for he comes to judge the earth.

1Ch 16:34 Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!

1Ch 16:35 Say also: "Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather and deliver us from among the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name, and glory in your praise.

1Ch 16:36 Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting!" Then all the people said, "Amen!" and praised the LORD.