Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hailey Pictures/Evangelism.


Here is a picture of our daughter in law, and granddaughter that was taken at Christmas.



Our son and daughter in law will be married ten years in February, and we are very blessed to have her in our family. They've been together since they were in high school. Our son came over with the baby today, and I laughed and told him this is a big year for both of us. He'll turn 30 in March, while I will turn 50 in May.

Our church is taking the School of Biblical Evangelism class from The Way of the Master. We just finished up the third week, and it's been an exciting class so far. Years ago I took Evangelism Explosion in an Assemblies of God church believe it or not. I learned alot from EE, and it was a good program, but for me it was hard to implement. I'm finding The Way of the Master easier. I've even been successful with memorizing bible verses so for, and for that I thank the Lord.

Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron teach the law and the gospel. Until someone understands the bad news, they will never understand the good news. I look forward to implementing more of what I'm learning.

In the first lesson, they had three questions they wanted us to ask at least two others. I'm going to throw the questions out there, and would be interested in your responses. I'll list the questions, along with my answers.

1. Do you share your faith regularly? No

Do you go out of your way to verbally share the gospel with strangers? No

2. If not, is there any reason why you don't? Yes

3. What is the main reason you don't share your faith more often? The main reason is fear - the fear of saying the wrong thing, and the fear of not being able to answer their questions. Another thing is that I seem to run into JW's and Mormons.

I also used the excuse that because I am a housewife, I don't encounter people often. It's an excuse because I DO get out. It's not like I'm locked up in my house day after day, I do go to the grocery store, and places like that.

So, what are your thoughts, and answers?