Thursday, January 3, 2008

An Enjoyable Day

I went to lunch today with a good friend of mine from church, and we had such a good time. It was so nice to be able to do that. I enjoy her company, and I have not done anything like that in a long time.

My husband's birthday is coming up on the 11th, and boy have I got a surprise for him, Lord willing. And, no it doesn't have anything to do with babies, or anything like that, lol. So if anyone from church is reading this, or anyone else who knows him, shhhh don't tell him. All I can say is I have heard of things like this happening, but never to us, but it will be truly a blessing.

I'm reading Winnie the Pooh to my younger daughter, and tonight we read about Pooh and Piglet's encounter with a Heffalump, which is one of our favorite chapters. I may be an adult but Winnie the Pooh is a favorite of mine, all of the books by A. A. Milne.

I read to my younger daughter every night before she goes to bed, and I need to find something that I can do with my older daughter. She's 14 years old, and one of the things we have in common is a love of theology.

We've been going to our church for over two years, almost three years. We've been praying that the Lord would bring a girl around her age to our church, and He did that a couple of weeks ago. Her name is Elizabeth, and she's 15 years old. That was such a praise report.

I did get a call from our son today telling us that our granddaughter has pneumonia. He said our daughter in law noticed that she was not being herself, so she took her temperature. It was around 101.9 so they took her to the doctor, and was told she had the pneumonia. They put her on antibiotics, and thankfully, she is doing much better now, and that is another praise report.