Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Praise Report of God's Protection

While my heart is still pounding, and it's still fresh in my mind, let me tell you of God's protection towards our family just now.

I was planning to bake a pumpkin pie, so I turned on the oven to get it heated while I got my ingredients together and mixed it up. I needed to open a couple of cans, so after I got my ingredients together, I walked over to the sink. As I walked towards it, I happened to glance at the stove, which had smoke coming out of it. I opened it up, and there was a fire inside the oven. I immediately called my husband into the kitchen, and he blew it out. It was not a small fire inside, and I thank the Lord that He had me walk over there at that time. And I thank Him for His protection. For some reason our smoke alarm didn't go off.

My husband cleaned out whatever it was that caused the fire, so now I'm off to get my pie together and bake it, all the while my heart is still pounding.

Thank You Lord for your protection over our family today.