Thursday, June 14, 2007

Performance tonight of Willy Wonka

Tonight will be the cast's first night with an audience for the play, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. This evening they are performing for a childrens' home so it is a benefit, and most of the proceeds will go towards the childrens' home. My husband and I will be helping downstairs with keeping the Oompa Loompa's quiet, and getting them on stage at the right time.

This is such a fun play, and all the cast members do a great job. They have the parents and the grandparents being played by ages ranging from 11 1/2 to around 17 or 18 years old. My favorite seen involves the parents and grandparents of Charlie. The grandparents are in bed asleep and snoring, and Charlie's father wakes them up by talking, and they all jump.

The play runs this weekend, June 15th - June 17th, and again next weekend, June 22nd - June 24th.

I'm hoping to take a picture of Brooke in her Oompa Loompa costume, but I'm not sure it will work. I have to use my cell phone to do it, and I'm not sure yet how to email the picture to myself.

If you would keep us in your prayers, I would appreciate it. Pray that Brooke won't get any headaches during this time especially.

One thing that I thought was cute was when Brooke, and another little girl asked where they needed to stand if anyone wanted their autographs.