Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Baptism story continued

Yesterday I gave a little background as to why my husband and I were both baptised again. Today I'm going to share what it meant to me.

This baptism issue has been on my mind alot lately because it's been a topic of discussion for months now on a voice chat program that I go on. I am a credo baptist, which means I believe in believer's baptism only. It's not something that I would ever divide over, in fact, our pastor and his wife have a son who is a Presbyterian pastor. And their son preaches at our conferences. Being baptised on Sunday only added to my conviction that the Bible teaches believers baptism only. Before we were baptised, my pastor read several Scriptures.

As I stood there waiting for the others to get their robes on, I was filled with joy. I was filled with joy because I was following the Lord in obedience, making a public confession, and being raised up to new life. It was such a special time for me even though I probably embarrassed myself because, being the first one baptised, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. So, to keep myself from going under I held my nose from the beginning, lol. My embarrassement didn't lessen the joy I felt.