Wednesday, May 2, 2007

God is Immutable

This week I've been focusing on this attribute of God.......that He is Immutable. I have made this attribute one to use during my prayer time this week, and am using it to praise Him.

Immutable - Never changing or varying, unchangeable

Here are some of the Scriptures for this attribute:

Numbers 23:19 God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

1Samuel 15:29 And also the Glory of Israel will not lie or have regret, for he is not a man, that he should have regret."

Psalm 33:11 The counsel of the LORD stands forever, the plans of his heart to all generations.

Psalm 100:5 For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

Psalm 102:25 Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.

Psalm 102:26 They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away,

Psalm 102:27 but you are the same, and your years have no end.

On Sunday, I went and made 52 copies of the Members Sheet from the Leader's Guide that I had from Moms in Touch. I plan to pray one hour each week for Lighthouse Academy, our home school. Here is the link to the Members Sheet if you are interested. When I went to the website to get the link, this poem was on the home page. The poem was such an encouragement to me because my teenage daughter and I seem to butt heads on a daily basis. And, it breaks my heart. So, I made concrete plans to pray for her, and the rest of our family, for that one hour each week, using the Member Sheet, and the Attributes of God, and Character of God pages that I have in my Leader's Guide. Even if no other mother joins me in prayer on those Monday evenings, I will continue praying alone.

Because of these constant battles, the fact that God is Immutable, has been a great comfort to me. I may change from day to day, my emotions may go up and down at times, but God is constant, and unchanging. There is no shadow of turning with Him, or in Him.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. ESV

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. KJV

I can pray with confidence, knowing that when I pray in His will, that His will be done, He will answer my prayers.

1Jn 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.

1Jn 5:15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

May this post encourage your hearts today.