Saturday, May 5, 2007

A Fun Meme

I was tagged by Lisa, at Deo Volente, and here are my answers. This is a neat way for us to get to know each other better.

Here's how it goes:
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

1. My dad was in the Navy; I was born in Norfolk, VA, where we lived on the base until I was four. I've lived in Norfolk, VA; Bainbridge, MD, Weatherly, PA; San Diego, CA; Portsmouth, RI; East Meadow, NY; and the state I live in now. I changed schools three times in 6th grade. My favorite place to live was San Diego, and I still miss it.

2. My favorite thing to do when I was growing up was roller skating, and playing with dolls. I had a doll named Baby First Step, and she was my favorite.

3. I'm the youngest of three, my older brothers are six and seven years older than me. They were good brothers, who were protective of me while I was growing up. They teased me alot, and I was gullible, and believed anything they told me. I've since grown up, lol, and not quite so gullible I don't think.

4. When I was about 6, I was going up to the store to buy Sweetarts (which was my favorite candy). My dad was driving by on his way home, and asked me if I wanted a ride. I told him no because I thought he was someone dressed up, and disguised as my dad.

5. I was outside of the bank at the ATM machine of the bank I used to work for downtown, and there was a car stopped in the lane. I thought it was a lady I used to work with, so I kept waving and waving at her. She waved back, and motioned for me to come over there. Well, I did go over there, got in the car, and when I sat down, turned towards her, and discovered that I did not know her at all. She looked at me and asked "you're a friend of Jennifer's aren't you?" I had absolutely no idea who Jennifer was. I had to admit that I didn't know her after all, that she just looked like someone I knew. In defense of myself though, the car this lady was driving was the same kind the attorneys had that we worked for (when I worked for the attorneys).

6. I tend to be quiet and shy, but am breaking out of that a little bit more. I have never liked getting up in front of people to speak, and almost flunked 9th grade because of an English teacher who made us do oral book reports. I preferred getting an F rather than getting up in front of everyone.

7. I love to read, and am not much of a movie fan. We could get rid of the TV and I'd be happy. I used to read alot of fiction, but I now enjoy reading books about being a wife, and mother, theology, and counseling. I do read fiction at times, I like the Journey series, Pride and Prejudice. I also like poetry.

I'm not sure I can tag seven people because I only know a few people. But, THIS time I will muster up the courage and tag Centuri0n, whereas I was too shy before. So, I am tagging:

CenturiOn

Nicki, Catriona & Nita at Titus 2 (do they count as three?!!!?)

I think I will wait for a few days and tag a couple of more people.