Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Happenings, thoughts

Things are still pretty hectic, and the play my daughter is in will be shown on the weekends of June 15th, and June 24th.

As most of you know, she's one of the Oompa Loompa's in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. This play is going to be so good. With the Oompa Loompa's they have added some steps, and one of them is they jump out like a cat and meow. Brooke thinks that's pretty cool.

The boy who plays Augustus Gloop, the one who loves chocolate, doesn't even like chocolate at all, lol. He does a great job with his part, as does the boy who plays Willy Wonka. All of them who are involved in the play are doing a great job, and we're having a lot of fun.

One of the things she got for her birthday was a soccer ball. That was her favorite present, and she takes it to bed with her.

I also started walking about a week ago, so I'm trying to establish that routine. So far I've walked every day. There have been a couple of mornings that have been hard to get up, but I did it anyway. I forget whose blog it was I reading but she said that she loved to exercise. I hope I get to that point someday soon. I do like to walk, but right now, since I'm so out of shape, the hills get to me sometimes, though I did start out slow.

I've gotten to the point, regarding the homeschooling issue and what others think, that I don't really have to explain to others why we do what we do, and if others are not happy about it, so be it.

We have had a couple of finches to build nests on a post on our front porch every year since we moved here three years ago. My daughters and I have enjoyed watching them so much and one reason was because it amazed us how the male finch took care of the female, and the baby birds. Unfortunately, last year another bird, which we call the speckled bird, kept coming up to their nests and just standing there looking at the birds in the nest. A couple of times last year they had a fight. Our (as we call them) birds fought with them, and kept their territory. This year it was different, the speckled bird and her cohort, a male finch, fought *our* birds, and we are so disappointed that our birds lost. The speckled bird built her nest, had her babies, and last weekend the babies flew away. Sooo, I hurried up and took the nest away in hopes that our birds would come back. Today the speckled bird and male finch are back building another nest. It's pretty cool watching that bird though because she is so funny while building it. She had a poorly made nest the last time. The only thing I do enjoy about the speckled bird is that she chatters alot.

As silly as this might sound, I loved watching *our* finches because the male bird reminded me of how a husband and father takes care of his family. And I miss watching that, and miss our birds for that reason.

I do hope to get back to posting from either the Attributes of God, or another book soon.