Saturday, May 12, 2007

God is Faithful

Though I have put my study of A. W. Pink's Attributes of God book on hold for a bit, I am praying through one attribute a week from something else that I have.

When our oldest daughter began kindergarten at home, I came across a book by Cheri Fuller called When Mothers Pray. I don't remember all that was in it so I cannot recommend it for that reason. I do remember reading about Moms In Touch International in that book. I was involved with them for several years.

To sum up what Moms in Touch is, it is two or more mothers who get together for one hour each week to pray for their children, their schools, faculty members, etc. They use what is called a Four Steps of Prayer format.

Praise - Praising God for WHO he is

Confession - Silent

Thanksgiving - Thanking God for that He has DONE

Intercession - Praying for each child, schools, faculty members, etc.

During this one hour, they pray, using Scripture, as well as praying for specific requests. They praying one accord, praying one topic at a time, and then going on to the next request. You receive a Members Sheet each week and from that sheet you pray. You pray using that sheet throughout the week.

I no longer have anyone to pray with me but decided almost two weeks ago that I would begin praying for that one hour per week due to what I perceive as a crisis. Now, this is not the only time I pray, but it is keeping me consistent. I made 52 copies of the Members Sheet, and have been praying more consistently than I have in a long time. So, every Monday night I pray for my family. It's been a huge blessing to me. I pray through one attribute a week.

Last Monday night I chose God is Faithful. The definition of that is: Constant, loyal, reliable, steadfast, unwavering, devoted, true, dependable.

Here are the Scriptures listed:

Deuteronomy 7:9
Psalm 119:90
Lamentations 3:21-24
2 Timothy 2:13
Psalm 33:4
Psalm 145:13
1 Corinthians 10:13
1 John 1:9
Psalm 89:8
Psalm 146:5-8
2 Timothy 1:12
Revelation 19:11

Between studying the attributes out of Pink's book, and the ones out of the Leader's Guide I have from Moms in Touch (MITI), my faith in the Lord has grown. The more I get to know Him, my trust in Him grows.

By the way, MITI is for public schools, private schools, home schools, and colleges. They don't pray IN the schools, but FOR the schools.

I became involved in them before I became reformed, and I now disagree with several of their book recommendations, and some of the things said in another book I'm almost through reading. Overall, I think it's a good ministry that encourages moms to pray, and my purpose for posting this was to share this method of prayer with you.