Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our best Thanksgiving

I became a Martha Stewart wannabe over the Thanksgiving holidays. I baked a pumpkin pie, sugar cookies, and made fudge. That was a first for me because I usually only make brownies or chocolate chip cookies. I'm a late bloomer, what can I say.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and we've all decided that it was our best Thanksgiving. It was just the four of us, and after we ate, the girls helped our elderly neighbor and her son, put her Christmas decorations up. On Friday, we put our Christmas tree up, and the girls decorated it. They did a great job, and it looks beautiful. We taught Brooke how to play Rummy, so we played that one day. My husband had four days in a row off, which was nice. It was nice because the time seemed to go slowly.

After dinner on Thanksgiving, we went around the table saying what we were thankful for. Besides my salvation, which is what I'm thankful for most of all, I'm thankful for what the Lord has done in my family this year. He has brought us closer together as a family, and in September, He blessed us with a beautiful granddaughter.

He is teaching me to be thankful, and as a result, He is filling me with joy.