Wednesday, July 11, 2007

5 Random Questions Meme

Baxter kindly tagged me for a meme, and here are the questions, and my answers:

1. What is your most cherished memory as a child?

Hopefully a 15 yr. old is still considered a child, :). I have two older brothers, and my oldest brother was married. They always spent Christmas Eve with us, and stayed the night. A couple of weeks before Christmas, my mother put four boxes, all the same size, with my brothers, sister in law, and my name on them. I could not figure out what in the world she had gotten all four of us that was the same. I mean, what can you get that is generic, for both men and women? The suspense was killing me. Finally Christmas Day came and we all had to open our boxes at the same time. She had bought all four of us Beach Boys tickets. It was the first Beach Boys concert I had ever attended, and she had gotten us the best seats with the best view. I've been a Beach Boys fan ever since. It was so special to me because she had to go to the Sports Arena in San Diego to get the tickets, and she didn't like to drive.

2. What is the most interesting thing you have ever done?

I did volunteer work with our local Sheriff's Department for about a year and worked in Victim's Assistance. It was something I really enjoyed, but had to stop doing when I had my daughter. It would be something I'd jump at the chance to do again if I had the opportunity.

3. If you could have or do one seemingly impossible thing, what would it be?

I would move back to San Diego, CA in a heartbeat. We moved from there in December, 1978 when my brother couldn't find a teaching job in CA. My mother was very upset because he and his wife had a two year old son, my parents only grandchild at the time, and she didn't want them moving so far away. So, we all quit our jobs and moved to the East Coast, somewhere in the Southeast. I haven't been back there since we moved, and unless our ship comes in, I'll never even get back there to even visit.

4. What is the most meaningful gift you have ever received?

The most meaningful gift I ever received was the book Scarlett by my son. I broke my wrist on Thanksgiving in 1991, and was in alot of pain. I was a word processor at the time and couldn't work for awhile. So, Garrett bought me the book Scarlett for Christmas, and when I broke my wrist he told me he was giving it to me earlier so that I would have something to do while I was at home. I thought he was so thoughtful, and he was only 13 years old at the time. What made this more special to me is that technically he is my stepson, and it meant alot to me.

5. What is the most difficult thing you have ever had to do?

By far the most difficult thing I have ever had to do was to leave my newborn baby behind in the hospital five days after I delivered her. She was premature and had to spend three weeks in the NICU.

I'm not sure who to tag.