Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Not too Pleasant Subject - Divorce

After 19 years of a very difficult second marriage, I find myself soon to be in the throes of a separation, followed by another divorce. It is my husband who is pursuing this, and as I look back, I see that he has been planning this for a long, long time, only I just got a hint of it from him just before Christmas. There has been alot of lying, and sneaking around on his part, and I don't know exactly what he is planning on doing, despite what he says. He also might fight me for custody of our daughters to hurt me.

Several people have suggested that I watch the movie, Fireproof, and some day I will. But, there is nothing that will save this marriage, apart from God working in my husband's heart and changing it.

I will post next week on my struggles with the whole remarriage issue.

I have always said I would never get a divorce when children were involved. What I didn't anticipate was that my husband didn't feel the same way. My younger daughter is devastated and heartbroken. He said something to me in front of her recently, right before she went to bed. She was crying when we were in her room, and asking me where we were going to live, and what we were going to do for money. Children shouldn't have to worry about things like that.

One thing I can say is that what he has meant for evil, God is meaning for good. These past several months have been months of growth for me as I cry out to Lord in the midst of it all. He has proven Himself to be faithful and true. I know I have said that before, but it's true, He has. My love for Him has grown deeper, and I know He is carrying me through. I am very weak, but He has been my strength, my Rock, and my stronghold. He will also be my deliverer.