Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tea time with my daughters

Today has been an enjoyable day. For quite some time now, my home hasn't been a pleasant place to be in but today it was so nice. There hasn't been arguing all day. We had a tea time together, something we haven't done in a long time. We got all dressed up, and wore hats. I got out the tea set they and my husband bought me for Christmas in 2005. My younger daughter's birthday was May 21st, and we had some left over cake. Brooke and I had peppermint tea, while Heather had iced sweet tea. I didn't eat the cake, but I had cheese cubes with mine, which surprisingly enough, was good together. The girls had the cake, and then ate some cheese cubes. I wish my camera battery had been charged because I would have taken pictures. After we had eaten, and they were still drinking tea, I read Chapter One of the book by called Beautiful Girlhood. I have the book but here is the link for it online, this is the book by Mabel Hale.

We plan to have these little tea parties (as we call them) during the week when my husband is at work.

I have some books lined up that I'd like to go through them. One of the bible studies I want to go through with them is by Susan Hunt. It is for both teens and pre-teens and is based on two books, both by Susan Hunt. The two books needed to do the study (for the leader only) are The True Woman, and Spiritual Mothering. Both books are cheaper at Amazon but you can read excerpts of the books if you click on the links on each title. I am almost finished reading The True Woman and highly recommend it. I will start on Spiritual Mothering after I finish The True Woman.

The other books I plan to go through with them, and not necessarily in this order, are:

Beautiful Girlhood
by Mable Hale, and the updated version by Karen Andreola

Raising Maidens of Virtue by Stacy McDonald

Girltalk by Carolyn Mahaney and her daughter, Nicole Whitacre

The Look: Does God Really Care What I Wear? by Nancy Leigh Demoss

We have started things like this in the past, but never followed through because at the time I don't think they were interested. They are now 15 yrs. old and 10 yrs. old and I'm praying that this time we will be consistent, faithful, and successful.